Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly very grateful to have a thoroughly cooked bun after over nine months of no nausea or complications. However, I can't help but wonder at how someone who, after first announcing my pregnancy to family and friends was predicted to 'topple over like an egg on stilts', is now making plans to be induced. Go figure!
Therefore, as I have no baby pounds, ounces, or inches to proudly post on this November 18th, here instead are some due date stats:
- Before I begin, however, I'd like to first point out that pregnancy is not 9 months long. While math has never been my strong suit, I'm pretty sure that 40 divided by 4 is actually 10. Just sayin'...
- Total weight gain: 30 pounds. Want some more math trivia? That's 28% of my pre-pregnancy weight. Sheesh.
- Biggest craving? A baby. Haha! But other than that, I suppose a good steak -strangely, something I haven't had a hankering for since I was about 12 or so.
- The first movie adaptation of Stephanie Myers's Breaking Dawn (of the Twilight series) is being released in theaters today. And while I'm a bit disappointed at not having that baby in my arms by now, I can't help but think how freaky it would be for D to come out on the same day as a movie about a young woman who dies while giving birth to a blood-sucking, half-vampire baby...
- Also in entertainment today, Regis Philbin says good-bye to television on Live with Regis and Kelly. In fact, this 2-weeks-on-maternity-leave-with-no-baby-now-turned-bored-couch-potato-mama is watching the last episode while typing this. Don't judge.
- People have asked what I miss most from my pre-prenancy days. Here, in no particular order:
- Being able to wear my wedding rings (my formerly size 5.5 ring finger has since swelled to almost a size 8). Without them, the future grandparents have pointed out that I now resemble a casting candidate for 16 and Pregnant...
- Red wine.
- Comfortably cuddling with the hubs.
- Fitting into all my shoes (My feet have also 'puffed up' a size, so even though boot season has officially commenced, I'm still in sandals. And seeing as the hubs thinks this is simply a ploy to buy new shoes, it'll be flip-flops in November for me until D makes an appearance : ).
- Being cold. Apparently I'm cookin' for two here, and constantly running a good 10 degrees warmer than everyone else. The poor hubs has been shivering the nights away, as I can't bear to turn the heater on. So thankful that fall weather has started to kick in!
- What I'm most looking forward to: Meeting our little girl! Will she be healthy and perfect? What will her little personality be like? Will she have Daddy's hazel eyes or Mommy's curls? Will she have 'Michelin Man' baby rolls? (I sure hope so : ) Will she, as Daddy has predicted, henceforth always be "running late"?
Impatiently still pregnant,
N

No comments:
Post a Comment