Wheedling little compliment digger that I am, I left my students with instructions to write me a letter a week while I'm out on maternity leave. Well, I just received the first batch in the mail yesterday, and I've been laughing so hard since that I'm sure Daisy will be forced out soon!
Some cute snippets:
Dear Mrs. K,
"Has that baby come yet? Or are you still working on it?"
"Forever you are gone and I am missing you back and forth. Oh wait, I meant to ask how you are doing and remind you that if Daisy is born with a unibrow to shave and wax it."
"I think N is confused. He (I'm not sure why) thinks you have been in the hospital all this time."
"H is being extra generous to the substitute. N is being weird. T is getting all his work done. Me, well, I'm doing like always and being awesome!"
(From N:) "Baby Central to N! Baby Central to N! Come in Baby Central!"
"I hope you don't get popped."
"Even by the first day things are already pointing to miserably boring on my fictional classroom radar."
"B wanted to know, have you gotten any fatter?"
"S is acting strange. I think that he is missing you. B is also acting strange. He might also be missing you. But I don't think the sub likes S because he is messing with the door."
(From B:) Good luck, and one thing: don't pass out when you have the baby.
"I'll be the little spy here telling you everything that's going on here...even if the boys forget."
"I will tell you something, I think that all the boys really miss you. But when Daisy gets here we want to see her and hug her (well, not too hard). But tell her more about us than the boys."
To calm my OCD, one student assured me:
"There is no mess in our classroom. Everything in your classroom is in the right order. Your classroom is just the way you left it."
"O is acting bad and is weird. He is also asking a lot of questions. So everything is the same except that you are not here."
"I know E won't admit it, but she misses you. Your preggo chair is going to get cold without you in it."
(From E:) "Well of course you are probably crying because you can't see me everyday."
"Hi, why did you give us lots of work?! I don't miss you right now, maybe later."
"Love always,"
"Your friend"
"Your knuckle-headed chipmunk"
"The Little Fat Boy"
"P.S. Tell the Old Man I said congrats on being a dad, and he better be a good one or I might have to teach him a lesson."

No comments:
Post a Comment