I knew it would be. M refused to guess (he said he'd be just as happy either way, so long as it was healthy), and my dad insisted it was a boy -I told him that if it was, it was a very sissy one indeed ; )
Going in to the ultrasound, M was running a few minutes late (the receptionist took him to the wrong ultrasound room -whoops!), but I asked the technician not to tell me the gender until he got there. Once our soon-to-be daddy found the correct room, the technician turned on the sound of the heart beat and informed us it was in fact a baby girl.
It's amazing how clear the ultrasound images can be. As soon as I saw her, I could tell that she had M's (or his sister's) facial features, and my long arms and legs. Unlike Mom, however, she was a bit camera shy, and simply refused to move her little arm from the side of her face. In fact, I think she may have been more than a bit annoyed by the invasion of her privacy, because she continued to move, kick, and 'fist-pump' me with that little shielding arm of hers for the remainder of the day : )
She is beautiful. And healthy. And perfect.
Her name is Daisy, in honor of the mother of a close friend. Already we've nicknamed her our little Daisy-Dot, after her great-grandma.
20 weeks, 4 days
Love,
n, m & d K


So exciting! I had a feeling you would have a little girl - I'm sure she'll be just as beautiful and talented as her lovely mama. :)
ReplyDeleteNatalie :)